If you have lost or found a pet, please submit an online report. We will make every effort to reunite the animal with its family:
Lost Pet Report Found Pet Report
We highly recommend that you visit our shelter in person every few days to look for your lost pet, as your description of an animal may vary from someone else’s description. Only you can positively identify your pet.
We also recommend:
- Contacting nearby local animal shelters
- Search for your lost dog or cat on Petco Love Lost. North Richland Hills Animal Services has partnered with Petco Love Lost to easily help search the national lost and found database and create a searchable/shareable alert for your missing pet. Upload a picture of your pet or search by location. Powered by facial recognition technology, Petco Love Lost helps match found animals to reported lost pets nationwide. Visit Petco Love Lost by clicking the picture below and search now!
- If you haven't done so already, be sure to register your pet on Petco Love Lost to do things like create a Lost listing that can be shared and print out premade fliers. You can also receive fliers via text message or email.
How long is a pet held at the shelter?
- Pets wearing identification tags are generally reunited with their owners within the day. Knowing this, we cannot overemphasize the importance of a pet always wearing its collar and city license tag. If an owner has been identified and does not claim the animal within 7 days, it may be put up for adoption.
- Pets without identification are held for a minimum of 4 days for an owner to claim. After that point, they may be put up for adoption.
- Strays that are injured or ill will be cared for; however, an animal may be euthanized immediately if it is suffering from a serious injury or illness.
Lost pets that are brought to the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center are subject to impoundment and boarding fees payable to the City of North Richland Hills.