Citizens Civic Academy
The 2023 Citizens Civic Academy (CCA) will be held from Sept. 19 through Nov. 1. Classes will take place on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. with the final class moved to Wednesday, Nov. 1 to avoid conflict with Halloween.
The purpose of the CCA is to familiarize citizens with the structure, functions and activities of North Richland Hills city departments, encourage citizens to become involved in their community, and enhance their ability to communicate effectively with city officials. Class sessions cover a broad range of city departments, operations and volunteer opportunities. Class size is limited to 20 people.
- Get better acquainted with the city you live in
- Meet your local elected officials and city staff
- Gain first-hand experience and exposure to the wide range of city services, functions, activities and issues
- Become an active community member
- Provide feedback to the city regarding municipal services
- Getting to Know Your City Government
- City Council
- Boards & Commissions
- Public Works
- Planning & Development
- Public Safety - Police & Fire Departments
- Municipal Court
- Neighborhood Services
- Human Resources
- Finance and Budget
- Economic Development
- Parks & Recreation
- Must be a resident of North Richland Hills
- Not running for political office during the session
- If you miss more than three sessions, you will not receive a graduation certificate
Online applications are currently being accepted for the 2023 Citizens Civic Academy.
If you have questions regarding the Citizens Civic Academy, please call Billy Owens, Assistant to the City Manager at 817-427-6015 or email us.