Adopt A Spot
Businesses, civic organizations, scout troops, school groups, churches, youth groups, individuals and families are all encouraged to participate in this grassroots effort to insure a cleaner NRH. By adopting a spot, you must commit to keep your spot clean of litter for one year. View the Adopt A Spot Brochure.
Christmas Lighting Contest
Keep NRH Beautiful annually recognizes residents for beautifully decorating the outside of their homes during the holiday season. Residents are encouraged to nominate the best lighting displays in their neighborhood by filling out the online nomination form or by calling 817-427-6650. Nine winners are selected, one in each of the nine different regions of North Richland Hills. More information regarding the contest, including contest dates, rules and judging can be found here.
It is a well known fact that people are more likely to litter in an area that has already been spoiled by litter than in a litter free area. Keep NRH Beautiful encourages all residents to do their part to keep our community clean. Your business, service organization or neighborhood Association can become a LitterNot Leader by taking these simple steps.
- Volunteer for a cleanup event
- Organize a group to Adopt-A-Spot
- Put litter in its proper place
- Put the lid on your garbage can and recycle bin
- Remind your friends and family to LitterNot
Join hundreds of volunteers to beautify North Richland Hills at the annual Trash Bash Litter Cleanup Event. See how much can be accomplished when we work together, then celebrate your accomplishments at a volunteer party with music, free lunch, kid’s environmental activities and exhibits. Trash Bash is held each fall. Participants receive free t-shirts, trash bags, and gloves. This is a great community service event for youth. To volunteer, please complete this registration form.
Due to Covid-19, the 2020 Trash Bash scheduled for September 26, 2020 will be a little different than previous years. We are excited to announce that this year's Trash Bash will be held in association with Keep America Beautiful's Great American Cleanup and Keep Texas Beautiful's Fall Sweep campaigns. In order to ensure the safety of all volunteers, the following changes will be implemented this year:
- Supplies will be available to pick-up curbside at City Hall between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM the day of the event.
- Groups will be limited to 10. If you have a larger group, we can split you into smaller groups and assign you to nearby sights.
- Volunteers will be provided t-shirts, trash grabbers, safety vests, disposable gloves, trash bags and disposable masks. Volunteers will keep all supplies.
- Volunteers will dispose of trash bags at assigned dumpsters.
- Volunteers are encouraged to share photos on social media using #TrashBash2020 and #KNRHB.
- There will not be a volunteer picnic following the cleanup.
- Volunteers will report results of the cleanup to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email us at or call 817-427-6650 to learn more about these community programs.