The Public Works Design Manual is the document that specifies the design and construction standards for new city infrastructure. This document is adhered to for both developer-funded construction projects and city-funded capital improvement projects.
Design Manual Updates
In order to ensure that the Design Manual is continually up-to-date and current, staff is constantly keeping track of changes in the construction industry that would warrant modifications to the Design Manual. In July 2009, the need arose to update the document in response to:
- A desire for improved development standards
- A need to clarify existing requirements
- Changes in federal / state regulations
The Design Manual is intended to be an evolving document with regular updates through an ongoing effort by city staff to ensure compliance and quality development standards. The 2009 Public Works Design Manual was approved by the City Council
at their July 27, 2009, meeting.
View the Design Manual
- A bound version of the Public Works 2009 Design Manual and Public Works Construction Detail can be obtained for $15, or $10 for an electronic version, at the Public Works Department:
4301 City Point Drive
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
- View the Public Works 2009 Design Manual and Public Works Construction Detail document online