Community and Special Events
If you or your organization are planning a special event in North Richland Hills a Special Event Permit is required. The purpose of this permit is to protect the public by assisting our citizens and business owners in meeting the minimum requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable gathering. Events that require a permit include, but are not limited to: temporary vendor events, carnivals, craft fairs, community sales, block parties, parades, 5k walks/runs, and other events that bring together large groups of people.
Please note the following:
- Properties zoned LR, C-1, C-2, OC, I-1 and U are allowed one For-Profit Temporary Event (Outdoor Sales or Outside Display) per calendar year that can last for no more than 30 days.
- Properties can have a maximum of four Non-Profit Events per year. Proof of non-profit status must be provided with the application.
- Applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- Include with the application the following:
- Applicant's Driver's License
- If you are not the owner of the property, written permission from the owner allowing for the use of the property for your event.
- Proof of non-profit status if applicable.
- A detailed site plan of your event. Provide locations of any barricades, restrooms, tables, food trucks, tents, bounce houses, etc.
- A description of all planned activities, including food vendors, speakers, entertainers, etc.
- Description of route or street use if the event is a parade, 5k, or block party.
- If a bounce house will be at the event, please provide the vendor's proof of liability insurance.
- Description of safety and security measures.
- For 5k's and parades, please utilize the city's preferred route found here.
- Any tent (with sides) larger than 400 SF or canopy (no sides) larger than 700 SF will need a separate permit and inspection by the Fire Department.
- If open to the public and food will be served, a separate Temporary Food Service Permit will be needed.
- All mobile food trucks must have an annual permit to operate in North Richland Hills.
Below is a list of applications relating to Community and Special Events. Some you may not need for your event, but we wanted to include them all here for your convenience.
Mobile Food Vendor Permit Application - Forward this to any mobile food vendors you would like to have, so they can be permitted if they have not already.
Should you have any questions after reviewing this information regarding Community and Special Events, please contact the Neighborhood Services Department at 817-427-6650.