City Secretary's Office
The City Secretary’s Office is accountable for enhancing governmental excellence and transparency to serve the public, elected officials and city departments. The office strives to provide high quality services and deliver excellent customer service.
Functioning much like the Secretary of State, the City Secretary is the local official who maintains the integrity of the election process, ensures transparency and access to city records, facilitates the city's legislative process, and is the recorder of local government history. The City Secretary acts as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes, including the Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act, and serves as the filing authority for campaign finance reports and financial disclosure statements.
Other responsibilities of the office include:
- Administer and coordinate citywide records management program
- Foster community involvement through citizen participation on City boards/commissions
- Prepare and assemble City Council agenda packets
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Mayor and City Council
- Maintain the city’s Code of Ordinances
- Govern the city corporate seal and attest authorized city official's signature on documents
- Process and validate Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission applications
- Oversee permit application process for solicitor, handbill, and coin-operated amusement machines