In order to serve on this Committee, members must meet the following qualifications:
- Two members shall be members of the North Richland Hills City Council;
- Two members shall be members of the Planning and Zoning Commission;
- Two members shall be members of the Parks & Recreation Board;
- The remaining 30 members will be members at large made up of residents of the City of North Richland Hills;
- All members must be appointed by the City Council;
- Chairperson and Vice Chairperson are appointed by City Council.
Powers & Duties
The committee's primary objectives are to:
- Review future infrastructure needs;
- Recommend infrastructure projects to be completed;
- Advise on timing of projects, short term and long term;
- Recommend level and sources of funding for infrastructure projects;
- Advise if a bond election is recommended;
- Recommend timing of a bond election.
The committee will be advisory in nature and will not have the authority to perform any administrative function on behalf of the city nor direct NRH city staff to expend any funds or make requests that require excessive staff time without City Council approval.
For questions or more information about this committee contact Deputy City Manager Paulette Hartman at 817-427-6006.