North Richland Hills’ Citizen Survey is conducted every other year to measure what residents think about the quality of life in our community, as well as the services that the city provides. The survey helps City Council and staff identify where improvements need to be made and plan for the future.
The 2021 survey was conducted by National Service Research of Fort Worth in October 2021. All NRH residents were invited to take the survey online. To reach members of the community who may not be actively following us online, the survey was also mailed to 8,000 randomly selected NRH households. The survey was completed by 1,281 residents and has a margin of error of 2.5%.
Quality of Life
- 94% of the survey respondents rated the quality of life in North Richland Hills as excellent or good.
- 92% would recommend NRH to a friend or family member as a good place to live and 84% plan to remain in NRH for several years.
- A majority (62%) rated the overall quality of services versus the taxes paid as excellent or good.
Public Safety Services
- 98% rated fire service as excellent or good.
- 95% rated ambulance service as excellent or good.
- 91% rated police service as excellent or good.
- 84% rated the feeling of safety in their neighborhood as excellent or good.
Water Service / Trash Collection
- 91% rated recycling collection as excellent or good.
- 89% rated garbage collection as excellent or good.
- 88% rated water service as excellent or good.
- 64% rated maintenance of major streets as excellent or good.
- 50% rated maintenance of residential streets as excellent or good.
- Iron Horse Boulevard and Glenview Drive were the streets identified as most in need of improvement.
Community & Neighborhood Services
- 95% rated library services as excellent or good.
- 91% rated parks, trails and open spaces as excellent or good.
- 87% rated special events as excellent or good.
- 87% rated recreation programs as excellent or good.
- 80% rated animal control as excellent or good.
- 65% rated code enforcement as excellent or good.
- Businesses residents would like to see more of in NRH include: full-service restaurants (56%), movie theater (29%), recreation/entertainment (28%), grocery stores (27%) and clothing stores (25%).
- 84% of residents say they get enough information about city programs and services.
- Residents prefer to get information from the city by e-mail/e-newsletter (41%), printed newsletters (37%), water bill inserts (36%), social media (34%), and text message notifications (27%).
While the citizen survey is conducted once every other year, citizen input is welcome and appreciated any time. View our online directory to find contact information for the City Council and city departments.