2019 Survey Results
North Richland Hills’ Citizen Survey is conducted every other year to measure what residents think about the quality of life in our community, as well as the services that the city provides. The survey helps City Council and staff identify where improvements need to be made and plan for the future.
The latest survey was conducted by National Service Research of Fort Worth in October 2019 using statistically sound research standards. The survey was mailed to 8,000 randomly selected NRH households and all residents were invited to take the survey online. It was completed by 1,630 residents and has a margin of error of 2.5%. Following are highlights from the 2019 survey:
Quality of Life
- 94% of the survey respondents rated the quality of life in North Richland Hills as excellent or good.
- 93% would recommend NRH to a friend or family member as a good place to live.
- About two-thirds (65%) rated the overall quality of services versus the taxes paid as excellent or good.
Public Safety Services
- 99% rated fire service as excellent or good.
- 96% rated ambulance service as excellent or good.
- 92% rated police service as excellent or good.
- 86% rated the feeling of safety in their neighborhood as excellent or good.
Water Service / Trash Collection
- 91% rated recycling collection as excellent or good.
- 90% rated garbage collection as excellent or good.
- 89% rated water service as excellent or good.
- 69% rating maintenance of major streets as excellent or good.
- 53% rated maintenance of residential streets as excellent or good.
- Glenview Drive, Meadow Road, Bedford-Euless Road and Iron Horse Boulevard were identified as the streets most in need of improving.
Community & Neighborhood Services
- 97% rated library services as excellent or good.
- 93% rated parks, trails and open spaces as excellent or good.
- 90% rated special events as excellent or good.
- 88% rated recreation programs as excellent or good.
- 81% rated animal control as excellent or good.
- 61% rated code enforcement as excellent or good.
While the citizen survey is conducted once every other year, citizen input is welcome and appreciated any time. View our online directory to find contact information for the City Council and city departments.