2019 Property Tax Rate
The city's property tax rate for 2019 is $0.572, which is a 1.3 cent reduction from the 2018 property tax rate. Public hearings on the tax rate were held on August 26, 2019 and August 29, 2019. The City Council approved the tax rate at their September 9, 2019 meeting. This is the third year in a row the City Council has lowered the property tax rate. The City Council reduced the rate a half cent in 2018 and by 2 cents in 2017.
Annual Property Tax Bill
A resident's overall property tax bill includes taxes assessed by the city, school district, county, county hospital district and county college district. More than half of your property tax bill is paid to the school district, with about 22% going to the city. Each jurisdiction sets their tax rate annually, in conjunction with the adoption of their annual budget. Please visit our budget page for more information on how your city property taxes are spent.
The following chart shows the tax rates adopted in 2019.
|Jurisdiction||Rate per $100 Valuation|
|Birdville Independent School District*
|City of North Richland Hills||$0.572000|
|Tarrant County Hospital District - JPS||$0.224429|
|Tarrant County College||$0.130170|
taxes. The Keller ISD tax rate is $1.408300 per $100 property valuation.)
- What is the city's property tax rate?
- Who authorizes the city’s property tax rate?
- How is city property tax revenue spent?
- How much will the average NRH homeowner pay in city property tax this year?
- How does the average tax bill compare to last year?
- My property value is more or less than the average. How do I calculate my city tax bill?
Property Tax Exemptions
Property tax exemptions keep you from paying tax on a certain portion of your home value. In other words, they lower your home's taxable value and your tax bill. The City of North Richland Hills provides:
- 15% homestead exemption;
- $36,000 exemption for senior citizens (65 and older) and disabled residents;
- Senior and disabled tax ceiling (also known as tax freeze).
In North Richland Hills the sales tax is 8.25%. The sales tax includes:
- 6.25% for the State of Texas
- 1% for the City of North Richland Hills General Fund
- 0.5% for the City of North Richland Hills Park & Recreation Facilities Development Corporation
- 0.5% for the City of North Richland Hills Crime Control & Prevention District
- Questions about the city's property tax rate may be directed to the NRH Budget Department at 817-427-6053.
- For information about your property value, please contact the Tarrant Appraisal District at 817-284-0024.
- The Tarrant County Tax Assessor / Collector collects property taxes for all the taxing jurisdictions in Tarrant County, including the City of North Richland Hills. For information about property tax bills and payments, please contact their office at 817-884-1100.
- View the Texas Property Taxpayer's Bill of Rights.