2022 Property Tax Rate
The City of North Richland Hills property tax rate for 2022 is $0.547972 per $100 property valuation. That's a reduction of about 2.4 cents from the prior rate of $0.572184. The City Council adopts a property tax rate each year in August or September as part to of the city's annual budget process. To learn more about this process, please visit our budget webpage.
Annual Property Tax Bill
Property tax bills are mailed to property owners in October of each year. The last day to pay taxes without penalty and interest is January 31. A resident's overall property tax bill includes taxes assessed by the city, school district, county, county hospital district and county college district. More than half of your property tax bill is paid to the school district, with about 22% going to the city. Each jurisdiction sets their tax rate annually, in conjunction with the adoption of their annual budget.
The following chart shows the tax rates adopted by each taxing district in 2021.
(*Some North Richland Hills residents pay Keller ISD taxes. rather than Birdville ISD taxes.)
|Jurisdiction||2021 Rate per
|2022 Rate Per $100 Valuation|
|Birdville Independent School District*
|City of North Richland Hills||$0.572184|| $0.547972
|Tarrant County||$0.229000|| $0.224000
|Tarrant County Hospital District - JPS||$0.224429|| $0.224429
|Tarrant County College||$0.130170|
Property Tax Exemptions
Property tax exemptions keep you from paying tax on a certain portion of your home value. In other words, they lower your home's taxable value and your tax bill. The City of North Richland Hills provides:
- 20% homestead exemption;
- $36,000 exemption for senior citizens (65 and older) and disabled residents;
- Senior and disabled tax ceiling (also known as tax freeze).
To verify you have the exemptions and/or tax ceiling in place, contact the Tarrant Appraisal District at 817-284-0024.
In North Richland Hills the sales tax is 8.25%. The sales tax includes:
- 6.25% for the State of Texas
- 1% for the City of North Richland Hills General Fund
- 0.5% for the City of North Richland Hills Park & Recreation Facilities Development Corporation
- 0.5% for the City of North Richland Hills Crime Control & Prevention District
- Questions about the city's property tax rate may be directed to the NRH Budget Department at 817-427-6053 or by email.
- For information about your property value, please contact the Tarrant Appraisal District at 817-284-0024.
- The Tarrant County Tax Assessor / Collector collects property taxes for all the taxing jurisdictions in Tarrant County, including the City of North Richland Hills. For information about property tax bills and payments, please contact their office at 817-884-1100.
- View the Texas Property Taxpayer's Bill of Rights.