Elections / Elecciones
The City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the City of North Richland Hills and is responsible for conducting all City elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas. Municipal elections are held on the second Saturday in May of each year, as authorized by state law.
The North Richland Hills City Council is composed of a mayor and seven council members. All are elected at large for terms of two years. The mayor and council members in Places 2, 4 and 6 are elected in even numbered years. Council members in Places 1, 3, 5 and 7 are elected in odd numbered years.
Election Day - May 9, 2015
(notice of filing period
Residents of North Richland Hills will go to the polls on May 9, 2015 to elect school board trustees for Birdville ISD
and Keller ISD
and trustees for Tarrant County College
. The candidates running for City Council in Places 1, 3, 5, and 7 were unopposed. Therefore, the City of North Richland Hills will cancel the May 9, 2015 election.
- If you are not already registered to vote, you must do so by April 9 to vote in this election;
- Applications for ballot by mail will be accepted March 10 - April 30;
- Early voting will be conducted April 27 - May 5;
- On election day, voters must go to their county precinct polling location.
Voters are now required to present a driver's license or other approved form of photo identification in order to vote in all Texas Elections. A list of acceptable forms of photo ID can be found here
- Mayor and Council Places 2, 4 and 6 will next be elected in May 2016.