The City of North Richland Hills requires that all dogs and cats three months of age and older wear a city license tag. Licensing is an important means of identification and can help you reunite with your pet if it becomes lost. It also provides us with the pet's rabies vaccination status in the event that the pet is involved in a bite. License tags are valid for one year.
- Altered pet - $10 annually
- Altered pet belonging to senior citizen (65+) - $0
- Unaltered pet - $30 annually
- Replacement tag - $6
- Online - You will be asked to provide the date of your pet's last rabies vaccination and the rabies tag number, as well as the name and phone number of their veterinary clinic. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Transactions are processed through PayPal.
- By Mail - Print a pet license application form and mail the completed form with a check to NRH Animal Adoption & Rescue Center, 7301 Iron Horse Boulevard, North Richland Hills, TX 76180
- In Person - Cash, check and credit cards are accepted in person at the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center.
Application for Senior Citizens
If you are a senior citizen (65+) and your pet has been spayed or neutered, the annual license fee is waived. To obtain your license tag(s), please complete this online application form or print an application form and return the completed form by mail or in person to the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center. You will be asked to provide the date of your pet's last rabies vaccination and the rabies tag number, as well as the name and phone number of their veterinary clinic.
Benefits of a Pet License
If your pet is lost, their license tag can be his or her “phone call home.” Please make sure your pet always wears the license tag on his/her collar. It does your pet no good in the kitchen drawer at home.
In the event your pet is impounded by the city for the first time, is current on its rabies vaccination and is wearing it’s current city license tag, he/she will be returned to you at a 50% reduction in the impoundment fees.
Pets wearing current license tags will be held in the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center for an additional 3 days beyond the required 4 days, while attempts are made to contact the owner.