Lost & Found Pets
|If you have lost or found a pet please submit an online report and we will make every effort to reunite the animal with its family:
Lost Pet Report Found Pet Report
We highly recommend that you visit our shelter in person every few days to look for your lost pet, as your description of an animal may vary from someone else’s description. Only you can positively identify your pet.
| Lost Pet Hotline
The lost pet hotline is updated at the close of each business day with a listing of lost pets picked up that day.
We also recommend:
- Contacting nearby animal control agencies
- Posting lost and found pets online at Pet Harbor and Craigslist
How long is a pet held at the shelter?
- Pets wearing identification tags are generally reunited with their owners within the day. Knowing this, we cannot overemphasize the importance of a pet always wearing its collar and city license tag. If an owner has been identified and does not claim the animal within 7 days, it may be put up for adoption.
- Pets without identification are held for a minimum of 4 days for an owner to claim. After that point, they may be put up for adoption.
- Strays that are injured or ill will be cared for, however an animal may be euthanized immediately if it is suffering from a serious injury or illness.
Lost pets that are brought to the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center are subject to impoundment and boarding fees payable to the City of North Richland Hills.