2017 Property Tax Rate
The 2017 property tax rate for the City of North Richland Hills is $0.59 per $100 property valuation, a reduction of 2-cents from the 2016 tax rate. Public hearings on the proposed tax rate were held on Monday August 28, 2017 and Wednesday, September 6, 2017. The City Council adopted the rate on September 11, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers (FAQs)
Annual Property Tax Bill
A resident's overall property tax bill includes taxes assessed by the city, school district, county, county hospital district and county college district. More than half of your property tax bill is paid to the school district, with about 22% going to the city. Each jurisdiction sets their tax rate annually, in conjunction with the adoption of their annual budget. Following shows the tax rates adopted in 2017.
|Jurisdiction||Rate per $100 Valuation|
|Birdville Independent School District*
|City of North Richland Hills||$0.590000|
|Tarrant County Hospital District - JPS||$0.224429|
|Tarrant County College||$0.140060|
taxes. The Keller ISD tax rate is $1.52 per $100 property valuation.)
Property Tax Exemptions
Property tax exemptions keep you from paying tax on a certain portion of your home value. In other words, they lower your home's taxable value and your tax bill. The City of North Richland Hills provides:
- 15% homestead exemption;
- $36,000 exemption for senior citizens (65 and older) and disabled residents;
- Senior and disabled tax ceiling (also known as tax freeze).
In North Richland Hills the sales tax is 8.25%. The sales tax includes:
- 6.25% for the State of Texas
- 1% for the City of North Richland Hills General Fund
- 0.5% for the City of North Richland Hills Park & Recreation Facilities Development Corporation
- 0.5% for the City of North Richland Hills Crime Control & Prevention District
- Questions about the city's property tax rate may be directed to the NRH Budget Department at 817-427-6053.
- For information about your property value, please contact the Tarrant Appraisal District at 817-284-0024.
- The Tarrant County Tax Assessor / Collector collects property taxes for all the taxing jurisdictions in Tarrant County, including the City of North Richland Hills. For information about property tax bills and payments, please contact their office at 817-884-1100.
- View the Texas Property Taxpayer's Bill of Rights.